I treated myself to a doughnut pan the other week so went on the hunt for the perfect baked vegan doughnut recipe and I certainly found it. They were a complete success and were gone in minutes! I have now ordered a mini doughnut pan because 6 just wasn't enough. I'm always on the look out for vegan baked goodies that are really easy to whip up and also unbelievably great.
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup soya yogurt
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius
- In a bowl combine all dry ingredients
- In another bowl mix all wet ingredients until smooth
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well
- Transfer mixture into a piping bag
- Pipe batter into each doughnut round
- Bake in the over for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
The original recipe was from here.
They really were exceptional and I can't wait to start experimenting with different glazes!