Tuesday

Stationary goodness in Berlin.

I never knew that Berlin had such amazing shops - in particular stationary shops. We compiled a list late one night of must visits and each one was fantastic. The first stop was Santokki (Pappelallee 82) in Prenzlauer Berg. It was full of amazing Korean goodies and even a cafe.
Untitled
Next stop was Das Goodhaus (Kastanienallee 101) which had some amazing homeware delights, great stationary and the most wonderful greetings cards. Such a beautifully curated shop.
Untitled
I was lost for words as we walked through the door to R.S.V.P (Mulackstr. 14) in Mitte. My first thought was - I want everything! I very carefully selected some notebooks, stickers for decorating envelopes to my pen pals and a few other bits. I have to admit I may have got a bit over excited when the glassine bag came out when it was getting packaged up. It was very reasonable in there and I did actually regret not buying double the quantity as I was slowly walking away from the shop (very slowly). I know that next time we visit I won't hold back so much. Buy buy buy.
UntitledUntitled
Untitled
A few more highlights included Papiertiger (Schönhauser Allee 129) where I treated myself to a Leuchtturm1917 diary for 2015 so the days of the week are in German - I am determined to know a bit more of the language on my next trip. Also PapierConcept (Kastanienallee 11) was great for pads of paper and patterned cardboard storage boxes. Next time we definitely need to take two empty suitcases to fill up as one clearly wasn't enough.

9 comments:

  1. Damn you, Kate, you make me want to go back to Berlin! For starters it's home to one of my favourite records shops, so imagine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many places I need to go back to! Editing my snaps made me want to book a flight ASAP!! :)

      Delete
  2. This is so good. I need to go back to Berlin! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many more stationary shops we didn't get a chance to visit - definitely booking flights back soon :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos! I love places that look cozy like this :)
    Marissa Jamie : Faithfully, Marissa ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I'm frantically bookmarking these places for our next visit to Berlin. I didn't visit ANY shops when we went last year, I need to rectify that if I ever go back. (Which, considering it's Mecca-like status for vegans, is pretty likely. My bf talks about the food he ate there all the time!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All we did was shop :) and eat!! Berlin really is amazing for all things vegan! So many great meals...

      Delete
    2. We had a vegan pizza there that I swear was better than most non-vegan pizzas I've had. Vegan heaven!

      Delete
    3. We spotted a few pizza places but kept getting distracted by all the amazing Vietnamese restaurants!! Definitely going to compile a restaurant list before our next visit.

      Delete

..if you fancy it

All work is © Kate Henderson unless otherwise noted.