Saturday

A very orange Berlin.

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled
Untitled
Untitled
I really can't stop thinking about Berlin and I feel this burning desire to get back there, so to tide me over I will post some colourful snaps. Everyday we consumed a silly amount of cola because there was just so much choice (not a cocoa cola bottle in sight). Café Cinema was down an alley we happened to chance upon in Mitte but we didn't really have time to fully explore the area so that's another one for our next visit. I think there was an open air cinema around there also so that will definitely be researched! We enjoyed the most amazing feast at Yellow Sunshine in Kreuzberg on our first day there. Thomas told me these fantastical stories about his visits there on previous trips so it was our first port of call. It did not disappoint our hungry bellies as portions were huge as you can see - pretty sure we both polished off all of our chips! I was a bit over-excited by the lifts I kept seeing on the outside of buildings - it all looked very futuristic to me. I have since read about the AquaDom which is now at the top of my list for next time! The last photograph was taken in a shop called VEB orange in Prenzlauer berg, a district that I loved. We couldn't believe it when we stumbled into this back room exploding with so much kitchen colour!

6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! I have to try yellow sunshine, thank you for the tip! Greetings from Berlin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yellow Sunshine is definitely worth a visit!

      Delete
  2. I love Berlin so much. It's one of those places that feels like home.. it's so friendly and warm and comforting. I hope to revisit soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely did feel like home - which was a bit strange as I'd never been there before :)

      Delete
  3. Ah Yellow Sunshine.... when we visited, my Thomas ordered and ate THREE different meals in one sitting. And then complained about feeling sick for the rest of the day. He is a sucker for vegan junk food, and his argument for eating huge amounts of it is that he never knows where or when he'll find it again. I suppose he has a point, but it still turned my stomach the amount of food he ate in Berlin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - we were the same! We majorly over-ordered! There is just so much vegan choice in Berlin - it's amazing!

      Delete

..if you fancy it

All work is © Kate Henderson unless otherwise noted.